Sunday, October 16, 2016

A Discovery of Witches


Title; A Discovery of Witches  Author: Deborah Harkness  Pages: 579  Genre: Fantasy


Diana wasn't your typical witch (if she was would their be a book?) She lost her parents at a young age and didn't want anything to do with magic even though her Aunt tried to get her to. It's not until she is an adult working at a college in England where the twists start. She gets a manuscript that changes everything and to top it off a Vampire is watching her. The vampire Matthew turns into a great ally and friend to keep Diana safe from the new foes that come around because she brought out this manuscript that has the beginning of time of how the creatures were created. From this all of Diana's powers start letting themselves be known and there are a ton of creatures she has to face alone and with Matthew to survive.
I absolutely loved this book. It was recommended to me by a friend and I hated being an adult and having work and kids and responsibilities where I had to put the book down. It got my attention pretty early on and caught my attention more and more as the story was reaching its climax. Deborah did a wonderful job of the story, characters and imagery. I really hope I can find the second book soon so I can continue this story to see what happens next! 


No comments:

Post a Comment