Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Silent Daughter

 



Title: The Silent Daughter  Author: Kirsty Ferguson   Pages: 336 (audible)  Genre: Mystery



    Dani was always abused by her sister growing up and it took years to get her out of that situation, She got to marry her high school sweetheart and raise her family. One fateful night her house catches on fire and she watches her family burn as she is stuck outside, helpless. Picking up the scraps of her life she is taking care of her eldest daughter who doesn't speak to her at all, who escaped the fire. As she tries to piece it all together pieces of her past come into play and she finds out details that were in the darkest crevasses of her mind. Can she really survive all this?

    As the story progressed I made a guess on who set the fire and let me tell you I changed my answer a couple times and I was still WAY off. I enjoyed this story and having it unfold. It was not what I expected at all. Kirsty kept me on the edge of my seat but its really hard to get into a story when you are a Mom and need to take care of everything as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment