Monday, January 30, 2023

The Witcher: The Last Wish


 
Title: The Witcher: The Last Wish  Author: Andrzej Sapkowski  Pages: 400 (Audible) Genre: Fantasy



        Geralt is a Witcher. A special training in order to take on the monsters of the world that plague the land. Geralt is the best of them. This is the beginning of his journey. He helps with a "child surprise", he helps a small town plagued with a goat-man. Near the end you find out how he met Yennifer who helps his best friend stay alive. 

    I really enjoyed this book. In my opinion the person that reads the book makes Geralt sound like Rumpelstiltskin from the show Once Upon A Time. It had me on the edge of my seat even if at some points I would get distracted and get confused. It can bounce from past to present without much of a warning. It is a beautifully written story and can't wait to continue the series. I did watch the show before reading the books so it was nice to have that to help with the images in my mind of what was going on. The voices for each character was awesome! It's very descriptive and can  help you really see this world. One of the thoughts I had at one point of the story was how much different the world would be now if we separated from different races. We tried before here in America and it didn't work, but makes you think about those type of things. Or at least it did me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment