Sunday, January 14, 2024

The Princess Bride

 




Title: The Princess Bride  Author: William Goldman  Pages: 2 Hours 32 minutes  Genre: Fiction


        Buttercup is a girl that lives on a farm and loves bossing around a farm boy named Westley. Shortly after she realizes that she does love him, he went to go get riches. She gets news that he dies and it destroys her. After a few years the prince of the land finds her and convinces her that they need to marry and that it doesn't have to be about love. On a ride that she takes everyday she gets kidnapped and overhears that the kidnappers plan on killing her in order to start a war. A man in black comes to her rescue. After a few turns of events she finds out that this scary man in black is her beloved Westley. Buttercup and Westley try to escape and get caught by the prince, after being killed by the prince its just a simple thing of Westley coming back to life and rescuing Buttercup from the prince to live happy ever after. 

    I have always loved the movie so why it took me so long to listen/read this book is beyond me. They made this version of the book remind me a lot of the movie. I will read the whole book down the line of course.  The whole time I was listening to this book I could see the movie in my head. The dedication Westley has for Buttercup has always brought me joy, and been a dream to have in my own life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment